Town of Patterson Recreation & Parks
Skip to nav
Open Gym Rules and Guidelines
The Recreation staff on duty shall enforce all rules, regulations and procedures. If at any time a member/guest/parent/guardian does not comply with the rules, the person will be asked to leave, and/or his/her Recreation privileges may be revoked.
- For all open gyms a sign in sheet will be at the front desk. You must sign in. Members sign the visitor log and guests must sign the open gym guest log and pay $5 guest fee.
- Children under the age of 12 must be supervised at all times.
- All patrons 17 and under must have current youth drop-in form completed by parent/guardian. New form required each September.
- Shirts must be worn - no offensive/graphic sayings/pictures on shirts/other clothing.
- Proper footwear is expected. No flip-flops, boots, dress shoes, cleats, spikes.
- Glass containers are not permitted.
- Spitting on the floor or in the drinking fountains is not permitted.
- Use of profanity is prohibited.
- Fighting and horseplay is prohibited.
- No dunking or hanging from rims.
- Please be aware others may be using the facility.
- Please clean up and report any spills to the staff
- Please dispose of all trash in the proper bins.
- Alcohol, chewing tobacco and smoking strictly prohibited.
- Sharing courts as well as basket hoops is a must. The Recreation Center staff reserve the right to split full court games to half/side court games when deemed necessary.
- Patterson Recreation Center staff is not responsible for lost or stolen items. We recommend you leave your valuables at home or lock them up.
- Members who participate in open gym do so at their own risk.
It is expected for all participants to abide by the universal rules of good conduct, fair play and good sportsmanship. The Recreation staff reserves the right to remove and suspend any patron who acts in a dangerous/threatening manner or who engages in harassing behavior.