Town of Patterson Recreation & Parks
Skip to nav
Open Gym Rules and Guidelines - New May 2020
The Recreation staff on duty shall enforce all rules, regulations and procedures. If at any time a member/guest/parent/guardian does not comply with the rules, the person will be asked to leave, and/or his/her Recreation privileges may be revoked.
- Open Gym will be scheduled in 2 hour time blocks. You must register online for open gym, which means you must have created an account on our website.
- The cost of open gym is $10 per person per time block unless you have purchased a recreation center membership. Active recreation membership holders do not have to pay the $10 fee for open gym sessions.
- Upon arrival, you must check in at the front desk and you will be asked to complete our covid-19 questionnaire.
- If you or a family member is exhibiting signs of illness, do not attend open gym.
- When the time block ends, all participants must exit the facility. It doesn't matter is you registered for the next session, you still must leave when the time block is over.
- If you show up after the start time of the session, you only can stay until the end of session. You do not get extra time.
- Children 10 and under must be supervised by a parent or older sibling at all times; parent/older sibling must pay the fee or have an active membership.
- Shirts must be worn - no offensive/graphic sayings/pictures on shirts/other clothing.
- Proper footwear is expected. No flip-flops, boots, dress shoes, cleats, spikes.
- Glass containers are not permitted.
- Spitting on the floor or in the drinking fountains is not permitted.
- Use of profanity is prohibited.
- Fighting and horseplay is prohibited.
- No dunking or hanging from rims.
- Please be aware others may be using the facility.
- Please clean up and report any spills to the staff
- Please dispose of all trash in the proper bins.
- Alcohol, chewing tobacco and smoking of any kind strictly prohibited.
- Sharing courts as well as basket hoops is a must. The Recreation Center staff reserve the right to split full court games to half/side court games when deemed necessary.
- Patterson Recreation Center staff is not responsible for lost or stolen items. We recommend you leave your valuables at home or lock them up.
- Members who participate in open gym do so at their own risk.
It is expected for all participants to abide by the universal rules of good conduct, fair play and good sportsmanship. The Recreation staff reserves the right to remove and suspend any patron who acts in a dangerous/threatening manner or who engages in harassing behavior.